Monday, August 3, 2020

The “So What ?” shrug explains why Wortman-the-criminal skated for 40 years

first thing Mike “LAW’N’ORDER” Harris did was make radar detectors legal to the delight of CONS everywhere...
According to an unusually detailed article in the Globe & Mail, July 5th 2020, by Greg Mercer, Gabriel Wortman began his career as a criminal offender back in his early teen years almost 40 years ago.

He kept on committing offences for the rest of his life - but never ever spent a single night in jail.

Possibly because many of those offences were not considered to be ‘real’ offences in the eyes of many in his circle of acquaintances.

Now I am a stickler for regarding all offences as actual offences under the law - I might be lenient as to what sentence I feel fair - but that’s it.

Many others : perhaps as any as 30% of the population - disagree.

I call them the “So What, Lots of People Do It” brigade.

CONS, usually : tough on law ‘n’ order CONS.

Yes sir, these people are tough on law and order - but only against darkies and foreigners breaking the law. (In an earlier generation it would be darkies, foreigners and catholics, but I digress.)

Gabriel the 12 year old firing off a high powered air gun in an unsafe manner : so what, a lot of me and my friends did that, so what ?

Breaks speed limits, running the occasional red light : so what ?

Drives an off road dirt bike illegally on a public highway : so what ?

Liberates a bit of a neighbour’s siding supplies to finish a wall at the Wortman home  : so what ?

Illegally smuggles tobacco and liquor across the US border to sell to others hoping to evade paying
taxes : so what ?

A medical professional who buys stolen property : so what ?

A medical professional who rips off friends, family and colleagues with fraudulent property deals : so what ?

A medical professional who is still breaking speeding laws as an adult with the help of an illegal radar gun : so what ?

A medical professional who hangs about with members of organized crime gangs : so what ?

A medical professional selling illegal narcotics : so what ?

A medical professional who does work off the books, for cash, to evade income taxes : so what ?

A medical professional who tries to seduce his female and male customers : so what ?

A medical professional planning to open a big grow-op : so what ?

A medical professional who threatens and beats up children for walking on the sidewalk in front of his home : so what ?

A medical professional who illegally smuggles in high powered American guns, to evade our gun laws : so what ?

A medical professional who beats up his common law partner in front of (male/like-minded/drinking buddies) : so what ?

A medical professional who despite all this, is still on the Board of Directors of his local Medical Professional Society: so what ?

A husband of 19 years who regularly and openly cheats on his partner with men and women  : so what ?

A medical professional who burns down his neighbour’s property over a boundary dispute : so what ?

A medical professional who threatens to kill neighbour : so what ?

Ditto his mother and father : so what ?

Ditto a policeman : so what ?

Finally : 40 years later, actually does kill 23 people before he himself is shot dead.

Suddenly from the ‘so what’ brigade its, “Oh My God, what a Totally Evil person that nice denturist Gabriel has suddenly become”.....

4 comments:

  1. I could never really figure out the CONS until Mike Harris won a sweeping victory based on a single promise : to make radar detectors legal and photo radar illegal. A whole lot of law’n’order CONS, it turned out, had nothing against breaking the laws, as long as it was them doing the law-breaking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes well considering all that the rural policing situation needs to be addressed because right now there's a lot of people saying "so what" with a lot of their neighbors behaviors. Drunk driving and dangerous driving on top of explosive rage issues seems particularly egregious to me, some good percent of my fellow citizens seem to be red flags flapping in the wind you explain that to their family, friends and often times RCMP. The reply is "so what?" So what if he gets vividly drunk off a few swallows of the good stuff and operates a vehicle in neighborhoods other humans, children and endless forms live in. He's s good guy, it:s fine. News flash: not a good person. Maybe not evil but the term "ungood" spoken of in 1984 comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He kept on committing offences for the rest of his life - but never ever spent a single night in jail."

    Well I have and I'm a law abiding citizen. I was arrested and put in a cement cell by the RCMP without being told why. I was let out without ever being told why. Because the arresting officer passed me off to two younger officers who showed me to my new lodgings for the night and then never came to let me out a superior officer was called in. Who asked me who I was, why I was there and when was I put there as the arresting officer didn't record any of that. Now I know why I was jailed for 24 hours I did in fact call an officer a bully when he was being a bully and he more or less said "this is what a bully would do, watch this" so I can infer why I was there. I've listened to Christopher Hitchens talk about being arrested without explanation or reason by the Yugoslavian secret police for 24 hours and I'm wondering is my experience that different? My point is #1 it irks me if super criminal Gabriel luthor, I mean Wortman never spent a day in jail if I did and 2. He may have spent a recordledss, reasonless, never happened night in jail like myself or Hitchens. Who knows with the shadow police? They could have had Gabriel with his eyes taped open staring at a picture of Alan Wortman smiling in red serge in a cement cell for 24 hours at any point in the last 30 years. The RCMP did in fact throw me into a cement cell, with no socks for 24 hours without explanation and they did not leave a record because they didn't make one. The party can reach into the past and change it, sometimes they just make sure no facts are recorded and leave the slate blank for their lies. A lazy totalitarianism but the diet of doughnuts and Tim Horton's victory coffee does not exactly lend to work ethic. Big Sister Brenda will be displeased at their lack of gusto but at the end of the day, the deed is done. (Orwell and Shakespeare reference in one paragraph, now you see why I spent 24 hours in a cement room)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael, been following your reporting since Portapique happened and it's great - only place I've found for real background info. Had trouble getting my comments posted but I think it's fixed now but I want to do a test. If this goes through, I'll come back with a comment.

    ReplyDelete